the Christmas that was



Hi! How are ya? It's been a while!!!

Happy New Year, by the way! 

But before we get to all of that, I thought I'd share a few photos from our wintery holiday vacation in Idaho with my family. It was freezing cold (actually below freezing), but very warm and cozy inside my parent's house with most of my siblings and their kids all staying under the same roof.  




It's a rather crazy tradition, really. At some point, our whole family (my parents, their six children, their significant others, and their children) can't all fit in one house anymore for the holidays. Finally this year, some of us had to stay at a hotel just to make sure everyone had a bed and a little bit of their own space. Also, somehow my parents have internet that is worse than dial-up speed, so keeping everyone entertained for days at a time is no small feat. There were definitely many crafts going on, programming questions being solved (that's my husband in his element), baking, sledding, skiing, gingerbread house making, shopping, and a fair amount of healthy discussions about politics. 




My girls had an absolute blast hanging out with their cousins. They also suited up once a day to go outside into the sub-zero temperatures and snow storms to visit the animals with my Mom. Chloe had lots of fun snuggling up to Lucky (the horse). Who, I believe, was just happy to have a warm body petting him.








We got lots of resting in and didn't think about work or working on a house for at least 7 days. That was worth all the bathroom sharing and the long drive through Wyoming.




I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!!

No comments :

Post a Comment