fitness goals



Did anyone notice that it's already February? Valentine's day is next week! 2017 is already starting to kick my butt...

Today I want to talk about fitness goals. Do you know what I'm talking about? All those big plans we have after the holidays to drop a few pounds or start walking or working out more? This year, I cautiously tried to not set any big goals. I think 2016 scared me a bit. I had planned to run a 1/2 marathon and then we had to move out of Montana a few weeks after the race. Needless to say, all the uncertainty in my work schedule cut my training runs short. I had to skip the race. I felt really bad about it and also wasted my entrance fee!

So this year, I am planning on running my first 1/2 marathon. This time around I am not going to sign up until a week or so before the race. It's definitely not the cheapest option, but I'm sick of signing up for races and then not being able to go.

I also have a few other fitness goals that I've been thinking about for a few years now. They are both rather crazy and really hard (for me). The first is simply doing a pull-up. Super easy for some people, but I haven't been able to do one since I was in middle school. My own realism only gives me about a 20% chance of ever accomplishing this, but I do know it's possible if I work hard at it.

My other fitness goal is being able to do a pistol squat. A pistol squat is a single leg squat, to the floor, and back up again. It takes some decent leg strength, flexibility, and serious balance. This I think I could definitely accomplish this year. Practice makes perfect, right?

Do you have any fitness goals for this year, or in general? Let me know about it!

1 comment :

  1. Good luck on your goals!! I am sure you can do it!! I googled the Pistol Squat.... I better not set it as my goal!!! Happy training!!

    ReplyDelete