things and stuff



Happy Monday (as if a thing really existed, but ya know, it's the thought that counts).

This week's a weird one for me. I've put in my two weeks notice at my current company and will be switching jobs in April. We're also having some childcare issues, so life is going through some change right now. At least I can safely say we aren't moving again, so yay for that! One thing can be constant!

My old Denver Homies book club is trying to get started again. I am hosting our first get together so I need to get on this book selection process. My favorite part of being in a book club is getting to read really good books that I wouldn't have normally picked out myself. Oh, and the wine and girl talk, of course. Since I'm the first host, I have a little extra pressure to pick a good book. Any suggestions? I'll be scouring the bestsellers list shortly, but let me know if you know of any worthy reads!

This weekend we finalized our summer travel plans. We currently are deep in the midst of planning our first overseas trip with our whole family. And by whole family, I mean 12 of us, including my parents, two brothers, my sister, and their families. We will definitely be renting those big passenger vans for our trip (or two). I think the plan is to fly into Amsterdam and explore from there. I have only been to France so far so I am really excited to explore more of Europe. I'm mildly terrified of bringing my two small children on long flights and dealing with time changes, but I think it will be wonderful for them too.

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend. Cheers to another week and being a feminist. :)

4 comments :

  1. How exciting!! Job change and Amsterdam!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exciting and nerve wracking, for sure!

      Delete
  2. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. Loved, loved, loved.
    Congrats on the new job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the book recommendation. I think I'll use it!!

      Thanks for the congrats too. Change gives me a little bit of anxiety, but I think it's for the best! I hope all is well with you!

      Delete