three up, two down



In the time honored tradition of three up/two down (okay, so I've only done this once before), I'm going to share three awesome things that have been going on lately and two not so awesome things. The point being, even if life seems hard, there is always one more thing you can think of that is good in your life.

> Hey, it's Spring!! The trees are flowering, tulips are opening, the grass is growing, and the outside grills are all getting used again! Spring has been a welcome sight around our neighborhood. We moved into our house in November, so I'm not really sure what our neighborhood looks like with green trees and mowed yards. I'm not even really sure what is a weed and what is a real plant in our yard. There are three new trees in the front of our house that were just planted last summer by the previous owners and they seemed to have weathered the winter just fine. I love trees, and the more the merrier, so I'm pretty happy about that.

> Everyone has been sharing pictures of baby chicks with me. My in-laws just got a bunch of chicks and a few little ducklings and I get updates on them all the time. While they are super adorable, it's hard to see everyone's little chicks! It makes me miss our little flock and how much silly enjoyment we used to get out of them. Chloe has been sad about it too, I have to keep telling her that we will have chickens again some day. Just not where we live right now.




> We are deep into potty training Elinor right now. Which in all reality, we should have done about 4 months ago. She has been ready for a while, we just needed time to dedicate to watching and helping her. She is actually doing very well. We are easing into it, but she has been a willing participant, so that's all you can really ask for. Also, chewy fruit snacks seem to be helping. :)

> I'm a person who needs something to look forward too. An event, a vacation, a visit from family, a date night with my husband, etc. Lately, we've been trying to plan a family vacation for later in the summer, but we are still unsure on whether we'll be able to go. I'm anxious to get that all settled and decided so that I can really start counting down the days. Luckily though, we've lately had a lot of visits from family to liven up our weekends, AND push me to finish some of my house projects.

> I finally finished (well 95%) painting in our guest room. It's looking pretty amazing, if you ask me. I plan on taking some photos of the room this weekend and showing you a before and after. I lightened up the walls and added some more art/vintage pieces to the room. It definitely has a 'Country Home' sort of feel and I'm really digging it. The joy I get out of designing a room is kind of crazy. In another life I would have been an interior designer.

Hope you're all having a fabulous week!!

1 comment :

  1. You have a great eye when it comes to decorating a room!! Your house is looking like your home! I always say a house is only a house with 4 walls and a floor until you get your personal touch in it , then it is a home!!
    We are so very lucky to have it so easy, with all your chicken supplies!! Thanks!! My boys are crazy about the little chicks!!!

    ReplyDelete